1) During Facebook’s first summer, the Zuckerberg family spent $85,000 to keep the company afloat. As of September 2013, Mark Zuckerberg is worth $19 billion.
2) When Facebook began selling stock to the public and trading on the NASDAQ on May 18, 2012, its shares were priced at $38, which meant the company was valued at over $100 billion. It also meant that Facebook was worth more than eBay, Yahoo, Groupon, LinkedIn, Netflix, IAC, AOL, Zynga and Pandora combined.
3) Every morning when they wake up, 48% of 18-34 year olds check their Facebook account. 28% of that demographic actually check Facebook before they even get out of bed.
4) Approximately 7.5 million sites contain the Facebook Like or Share Buttons.
5) California is the most social state with 15,267,160 users. That means 41% of the state’s population is in Facebook. Texas is second with 9 million users and New York comes in at third with 8 million. In the United States, the five most popular brands on Facebook are: Walmart, Target, Amazon, Samsung Mobile USA and Subway.
6) Despite being blocked, there are roughly 95 million Facebook users in China.
7) The average person spends between 18 and 20 minutes viewing their Facebook account. If you combine every user, that what would be around 20 billion minutes!
8) Originally, engineers wanted to call the “Like” button the “Awesome” button.
9) Every 20 minutes on Facebook 1 million links are shared, 2 million friends are requested and 3 million messages are sent.
10) The most common life event added for users in 2013 was: Relationship/Got Engaged/Got Married. This was followed by Traveled, Moved, Ended a Relationship and First Met a Friend.
11) Between 2012 and 2013, there was an increase in Facebook users by 22%.
12) Ever since Facebook launched there have been a 140 billion friend connections, 1.13 trillion likes and 219 billion photos uploaded.
13) On a daily basis there are 350 million photos uploaded, 4.5 billion likes, 10 billion messages sent and 22 billion times that the Like or Share buttons are viewed.
14) Total monthly users: 1,310,000,000 with 600 million of them on mobile devices.